One of Snapchat’s many quirks is the list of emojis it places next to your friends’ names.
Ranging from baby face to grimace, it turns out these emojis aren’t random: they can actually tell you a lot about your relationships on Snapchat.
Here’s what they mean:
- 💛 Gold Heart: You are best friends with this person on Snapchat – aka you both send the most snaps to each other.
- ❤️ Red Heart: You both have been each other’s best friend on Snapchat for at least 2 weeks.
- 💕 Pink Hearts: You both have been each other’s best friend on Snapchat for at least 2 months.
- 😬 Grimace: It means that you share a best friend with the someone. So their best friend is the same as your best friend.
- 😊 Smile: This means that the person is one of the people you message on Snapchat most frequently.
- 😎 Sunglasses: It usually means that you’re running in the same friend group.
- 😏 Smirk: This indicates a one-way relationship, and you’re the taker. This person sends you enough snaps to make you one of their best friends, but you don’t send them many snaps back.
- 🔥 Fire: The infamous Snapstreak. This appears next to the numbers of days that you and a friend have snapped each other – but if you and your friend don’t both send a Snap within 24 hours, you will lose your Snapstreaks.
- ⌛️ Hourglass: Warning! You are about to lose a “Snapstreak” with someone.
- 👶 Baby: You just became Snapchat friends.
- 🎂 Birthday Cake: It’s this person’s birthday on Snapchat.